Stillwater Matchstix 16m competition pole for sale

For the tackle 'tart' in you - Reviews, Favourites, Personal Sell/Swap Only (no commercial sales or promotions)

Stillwater Matchstix 16m competition pole for sale

Postby J Robinson » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:06 am

After much deliberation, I've decided that I would like to sell my pole.

I spent autumn, winter and spring greatly enjoying pole fishing, but discovered surface fishing for carp on the main loch and can't go back. Plus fishing at any more than about 8m really aggravates my back injury.

So, this virtually brand new pole is for sale. I think I've used it about 4 times (though three of the top kits pre-date the purchase of the pole, as they were ideal for margin work) and it's in as new condition.

There are 6 top kits with it, which comprise of 5 power kits and one match kit. All the power kits are fitted with side pullers and the match kit a normal internal puller kit. The match kit has 5-8 hollow, and the power kits comprise of: 5-8 hollow (this is the only tired elastic. All the rest are near enough brand new), black hydro, hollow 13, Drennan pink bungee and hollow 17. They were outfitted with the main loch in mind, but I prefer a heavier elastic if I'm honest, even on the ponds.

The pole has a short dolly section, and is quite rigid and light at 13 and 14.5m. It's not great at 16m, but you wouldn't expect that at this price.

The pole comes complete with the small padded holdall it came with, but also a large (12 tube I think) Daiwa holdall that will carry all the gear you'd ever need down to the bank.

The pole cost me £275, the extra top kits £60, the elastic £80 and the large holdall (which costs about £85 from Fosters of Birmingham) is chucked in too. Looking for £275 as it's only been used a handful of times.

Here is a review of the pole:

http://www.anglingtimes.co.uk/fishing-t ... mpetition-

I can meet at Magiscroft or leave the pole there.
J Robinson
1lb Bream
1lb Bream

Return to Tackle Talk