Top Pond Report

How are Magiscroft waters fishing? Find out here with updates from anglers. Post here to tell us how you got on !

Top Pond Report

Postby GG » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Still giving lots of busy fishing for both Carp and Silver fish, ideal for beginners, kids or those looking to sharpen their skills ! Plenty of Carp of all sizes from small up to 3lb. Paste is starting to work well and can be good for selecting out the bigger Carp, as shown by Gus Brindle who beat the 3hr Top Pond match record with 35lb 6oz using firm paste, see - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2123#p20415

Pellet still working well, especially with Jelly pellet on the hook. When conditions are very hot though, fish may be more tempted by natural baits like worm and maggot. Chub, Ide, Orfe and Roach are still keeping people busy with Worm and Caster now most productive.

PLEASE ADD YOUR REPORTS AND UPDATES TO THIS TOPIC :D

Tight Lines.
GG
GG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Top Pond Report - 30 June 2009

Postby calum mochrie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:29 pm

fished the top pond on sunday and had a good session with my first barbel on peg 12
feed 2mm pellets with jelly on the hook wit lots of carp from about 7oz to 1lb 5oz :D :D
http://www.magiscroft.com/forum/viewtop ... f=3&t=2298
learn to walk before you run
calum mochrie
3lb F1
3lb F1

Postby G Dave » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:39 am

Likewise, fished it Saturday and also Monday for almost the entire days on peg 2, yellow soft pellet over 6mm feeder pellet. Caught approx 15 carp, most over 1.5lb, some well over. Was getting takes within 20 seconds of every put in. Got a couple of break offs aswell the instant I felt the weight of the fish on the line so there's some good scrappers in there. F1s were putting up the best fights for me.

Also, I should say I didnt catch anything other than carp on both days. Seemed to be managing to cut past the smaller fish and orfes. Dont know if it was the large size of the hook pellet, or the 4lb hook length, but the only takes I got were from the good fish.
Doesn't matter when you pack in a day's fishing - its always too early.
G Dave
4oz Roach
4oz Roach

Postby wabhimself » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:27 pm

hey. was fishing the top pond today and cought a few nice fish. Had a nice wee carp of about a pound which was sadly put to shame when the guy fishing two pegs down from me cought one that looked to be 5 or 6 pounds! I didn't realise there were ones that big in the top pond! Was the guys first time fishing aswell so l gave him a wee hand unhooking it and he got it back in the water without any harm coming to it.
wabhimself
4oz Roach
4oz Roach

Re: Top Pond Report

Postby Connor » Fri May 20, 2011 6:36 pm

will hopefully be fishing the top pond on sunday....got and advice?

was just planning to just use a simple float rig?
and to fish it in the evening?

cheers....Connor
Connor
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby andy prentice » Fri May 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Theres a Barass match on that pond,island,Woodside and mainloch parts off on Sunday bud
When your right no one remembers.Yet,when you are wrong no one forgets....
andy prentice
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Connor » Fri May 20, 2011 10:19 pm

woops...will just have to wait then :(

you know what bits of the main loch are closed?
Connor
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby andy prentice » Fri May 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Not 100% certain but sure thev match on there is on cafe bank side :thumb
When your right no one remembers.Yet,when you are wrong no one forgets....
andy prentice
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Connor » Fri May 20, 2011 10:24 pm

cheers mate will phone in the morning to find out :)
Connor
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby fishing is the way » Sun May 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Fished the top pond today on peg 8. Fished across to the island on the deck with pellet and corn on the hook and fed micros. Caught all day Long fish after fish after fish. 35 in total for a weight around 40 pound. The best that I have done.

When 4.30 arrived I fished down the left hand Side margin with paste and piked out the bigger fish. I got 10 from fishing paste, none under 2 pound and biggest 6 all in all I reckon I had around 60 lb of fish all day

Mark shillinlaw also had around 60 lb of fish thought the day fishin pellet to the far bank most of the day.

All in all a great day out. :D :D
fishing is the way
3lb F1
3lb F1

Postby chris mccabe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:41 am

Fished the top pond on saturday As couldn't be bothered with heartbreak hill with the way the weather was .
Picked peg ten got myself settled in and decided to fish top four and top six at 12 oclock and top five at 10 oclock .
Cupkit in hand fed two walnut size balls on the top 5 and top 6 swims,
And started on the top 4 line with 4 pinkies in cad pot double pinkie on a 18 gamma red first drop 4oz roach second drop 3lb common then blank for twenty mins so fed 10 micros and 6 mm flavoured pellet another carp 2lb mirror next drop another small carp then small skimmers for the next four put ins then nothing for ten mins so refed swim and tried the top 6 line .
Tried pellet first not even a sniff of a bite so 2flouro pinkies next and a few chopped maggots and sat for five biteless mins then the float lifts a fraction and a good skimmer hits the net six more put ins resulted in 8oz roach and 5 carp between 2 and 4 pound and the smallest perch ive ever seen i think the maggot had it by the tail .two more carp followed about 2.5lb and 3 lb then the blades appeared so refed with a small ball of groundbait laced with pinkie and micros.

Tried the top five line at 10 oclock 10 micros and 6 mm pellet nothing tried pinkie
Then worm head over chopped worm n maggot no sooner had it settled fish on at first ithought it was a carp but no a cracking perch about 2.5lb followed by three more perch between 4and 6 oz then nothing for 20mins so rebaited with choppie
And went back to top 4 nothing for the next 30 mins so back to top 6 first drop in on worm and float dips fish on carp about1/2 lb then cupped in 3 chopped worms with pinkie two more carp followed then lost the light so called it a day with the end result of around 25lb of carp five skimmers 12 roach and four perch for a weight of about 31lb 5oz Not bad for a cold wet january might be back for the island pond this sunday if work allows .
Cheers for the tips ronnie :thumb
Match fishing isn't a life or death situation its more serious than that
chris mccabe
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby Tommy L » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:54 am

Good report Colin good effort. :thumb
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby chris mccabe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:28 am

Tommy L wrote:Good report Colin good effort. :thumb

Didn't know i changed my name tommy :lol:
Match fishing isn't a life or death situation its more serious than that
chris mccabe
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby GG » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:16 pm

:dance :rock :clap :thumb
chris mccabe wrote:Fished the top pond on saturday As couldn't be bothered with heartbreak hill with the way the weather was .
Picked peg ten got myself settled in and decided to fish top four and top six at 12 oclock and top five at 10 oclock .
Cupkit in hand fed two walnut size balls on the top 5 and top 6 swims,
And started on the top 4 line with 4 pinkies in cad pot double pinkie on a 18 gamma red first drop 4oz roach second drop 3lb common then blank for twenty mins so fed 10 micros and 6 mm flavoured pellet another carp 2lb mirror next drop another small carp then small skimmers for the next four put ins then nothing for ten mins so refed swim and tried the top 6 line .
Tried pellet first not even a sniff of a bite so 2flouro pinkies next and a few chopped maggots and sat for five biteless mins then the float lifts a fraction and a good skimmer hits the net six more put ins resulted in 8oz roach and 5 carp between 2 and 4 pound and the smallest perch ive ever seen i think the maggot had it by the tail .two more carp followed about 2.5lb and 3 lb then the blades appeared so refed with a small ball of groundbait laced with pinkie and micros.

Tried the top five line at 10 oclock 10 micros and 6 mm pellet nothing tried pinkie
Then worm head over chopped worm n maggot no sooner had it settled fish on at first ithought it was a carp but no a cracking perch about 2.5lb followed by three more perch between 4and 6 oz then nothing for 20mins so rebaited with choppie
And went back to top 4 nothing for the next 30 mins so back to top 6 first drop in on worm and float dips fish on carp about1/2 lb then cupped in 3 chopped worms with pinkie two more carp followed then lost the light so called it a day with the end result of around 25lb of carp five skimmers 12 roach and four perch for a weight of about 31lb 5oz Not bad for a cold wet january might be back for the island pond this sunday if work allows .
Cheers for the tips ronnie :thumb
GG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tommy L » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:59 am

The Top Pond is closed tomorrow Thursday 30th January 2014 due to ongong Fishery Maintenance. The work will be completed by the weekend.
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Return to Magiscroft Fishing Reports