Island Pond Report

How are Magiscroft waters fishing? Find out here with updates from anglers. Post here to tell us how you got on !

Re: Island Pond Report

Postby djmotorsport » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Yesterday, I missed another Wednesday match so after having blanked on Peg 26 in last weeks match, I thought I'd give it another try today.

There was quite a variable wind from the south west, but it was warm (for Feb), so the frequent light showers weren't a big deal.

It was too windy to fish the far bank (16m) so I plumbed up a line around 13m at the bottom of the far shelf.

Within 5 minutes I had a small tench of around 8oz, and this rate of bites continued for the whole day! I was fishing my own flavoured pellet at dead depth under one of Davy Smith's 0.1g floats with a size 16 Drennan wide gape.

I had planned to fish 10:00 to 15:00, but ended up staying 'till 16:30

3 tench, 20 stockies, 5 big F1's, and another 38 carp (F1's, Commons and Mirrors).

What an awesome day - easily my biggest ever haul.

Tommy and I did a quick calculation and it was easily over 100lb.

I'd be very surprised if the ton mark doesn't happen in a match on the Island sometime this year.

And from about 15:00 on there were fish topping all over the place - just like summer :-)
---
DJ
djmotorsport.blogspot.com
djmotorsport
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby johnwh » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:40 pm

well done, great days fishing :clap :clap

johnwh
"Habit is stronger than reason"
johnwh
5lb Tench
5lb Tench

Postby Tommy L » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:55 pm

A real big thank-you to the Magiscroft gardener who entered the Island Pond for 2.5hours today to give the Island it's annual hair trim. It was a very cold wet day and it was a great effort from our Gardener. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby chris mccabe » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Decided to fish the island pond peg 6 for a wee practice for the barras glad i did as the pond seems to have finally came to life,
Of the first fourteen fish 9 were tench between 2 lb and 3 1/2lb two ide about 2 1/4lb and three chub 2lb to 3lb all cought on 4mm
pellet or corn ,over micro's cupped in at 13 m then moved to far margin at 16 m fished pellet and had f1s between 1ld and ( 7lb common.
23 fish in all swim died after bumping three on the trot so switched to 7 1/2m and fished paste with good results and cought another seven between 3lb and 5 lb all for a tottal weight of between 80 and 100lb of fish. lets hope the better weather is here for the duration of the barras league as the carp have finally woke from their winter slumber and are willing to feed .
roll on the barras :dance :thumb
Match fishing isn't a life or death situation its more serious than that
chris mccabe
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Postby fishing is the way » Thu May 02, 2013 9:45 am

thinking of fishing the island on saterday, what peg will be the best fish at 13m and thinking of giving paste ago aswell all repiles welcome
fishing is the way
3lb F1
3lb F1

Postby OldCoach » Thu May 02, 2013 10:09 am

Hi
I had good day on peg 8 of the island yesterday fishing an 11 and a 13m line. 22 carp,2 skimmers and a tench on pellet over groundbait. Might be worth a go?
Joe
Joe Brownisky
OldCoach
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Previous

Return to Magiscroft Fishing Reports