Great day on the Island

How are Magiscroft waters fishing? Find out here with updates from anglers. Post here to tell us how you got on !

Great day on the Island

Postby Reidy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:30 pm

Had an absolutely fantastic session on the Island today! It began quite slowly fishing a single maggot on the waggler to the far bank, however I remembered a tip that Tommy had once given me, to feed the margin whilst fishing elsewhere. I did so for an hour or so, then when I got tired of reeling in roach after roach I switched to the margin. There was nothing at first, but after around 15mins the float vanished and I hit the bite. The rod wrapped right round and the drag went nuts. What I thought to be a decent sized carp was in fact a cracking big 2.5lb perch!! Throughout the day I had more perch, one which I believe to be 1.5lb+ but it jumped out of my hand before I could weigh/photograph it. The highlights were the perch, a few decent carp, including one to 4lb, and two cracking tench - the biggest of which was 2lb8oz.

I have tried to upload the photos but the site keeps saying they are invalid! Perhaps someone can direct me on how to fix this?

P.S. Thanks to the lovely chap who was glad to help when I kept running over to ask him to take photos, I really appreciate it :thumb .

scott reid 1.jpg

scott reid 2.jpg
Reidy
1oz Gudgeon
1oz Gudgeon

Re: Great day on the Island

Postby GG » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Great stuff Reidy, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Pictures need to be reduced in size before you upload them, maybe that's the problem?

see - http://www.magiscroft.com/forum/viewtop ... =10&t=3415
GG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reidy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Cheers, I actually received a PM from Tommy who said he'd sort them out for me. I suspect they may be too large in size. Each one is 3MB :shock:

Hopefully Tommy can sort them out for me :D
Reidy
1oz Gudgeon
1oz Gudgeon

Postby Tommy L » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:55 am

Photos added in original post. :thumb
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp