Danny Cowan with Magiscroft Record Fish 17Lb-1oz Mirror Carp

Show us your fishing pictures here.

Danny Cowan with Magiscroft Record Fish 17Lb-1oz Mirror Carp

Postby Tommy L » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:01 am

Click on images to enlarge.
danny cowan.JPG

cowans.JPG

With every record fish there is always a story to tell and I always like to interview the captor after photographing their prize fish and record to find out more about it. Anglers are only too pleased to tell the full story and today I got a great story.

Danny is 35 years of age and has always went fishing with both his uncles who are our Magiscroft Main Loch venue experts Gordon (Stalker of the Margins) Cowan and his brother Sandy Cowan. The family have been coming to Magiscroft for years having been introduced to Coarse fishing by Sandy's father in law Jimmy. All have featured on the forum with their photographs of large fish from the Main Loch.

It has always been the aim of Danny to catch a double figured carp and over the past few weeks he has hit the bar twice with 9Lb carp but never the doubler he so much desired. Today as he waited to be collected for the fishing he spoke to his mother and told her that today was his last visit this year in search of that elusive double figured carp. His mother told Danny that she would say a little prayer for him for luck.

The day started of very slow for Danny fishing a yard off the margins on peg 47. Slow was not an accurate description lets just say he never got a bite. He was using his favourite bait Mussel which he cuts up into two pieces for baiting his hooks. Early afternoon he reeled in and re baited the hook and cast back out , he hadn't placed the rod down when the reel screamed into action. 10 minutes later he landed what he knew was his first ever double Carp.

The scales were called for and I went down to weigh the fish and knew by looking at it that it was a new record fish. The scales went round to 17Lb-1oz and Danny had the new Magiscroft Record. Like all others the remainder of the day after catching a record fish goes rather flat as you sit there reflecting on what happened. Needless to say the concentration was gone and not another bite was had. Danny phoned his mother to tell her the news and I wondered why he would have had to as she has an excellent communication line with the guy upstairs.

Well done Danny and for letting the family in on the act with their picture alongside the record holder. :thumb :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
" I'm not arguing, simply explaining why I'm right."
Tommy L
10lb Carp
10lb Carp

Re: Danny Cowan with Magiscroft Record Fish 17Lb-1oz Mirror Carp

Postby meppsfortrout » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:27 am

brilliant story for a braw fish well done!! :clap
meppsfortrout
2lb Ide
2lb Ide

Postby dannycowan1978 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks alot m8 it was a great fish :D :dance
dannycowan1978
1oz Gudgeon
1oz Gudgeon

Postby wallace- 1297 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:40 am

fantastic fish m8 ,,,,wd ,,,,,,,thats the target for us all to beat ,,, :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
wallace- 1297
4oz Roach
4oz Roach

Postby Westby » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:34 am

That is am AMAZING catch!
Westby
1oz Gudgeon
1oz Gudgeon

Return to Your Magiscroft Picture Gallery